Intertops Poker - Online Poker Room Review
Current Bonus Offer
200% up to %1000
(18+, Terms & Conditions Apply)
New Customers Only, Gamble Responsibly)
Pros & Cons of Intertops Poker
Intertops Poker Room Information
Our Complete Review of Online Poker Site Intertops Poker
Intertops Poker is currently the longest operating online poker room having opened in 1996. Part of the Horizon Poker Network, they have remained relevant all these years later with a solid reputation in the online poker world. They always have paid out and done so quickly.
While they don’t get as much traffic as some of the other US serving sites, they do get a decent amount during peak hours and one benefit to not having as much traffic is the games are a bit softer due to not having as many reg’s in the game.
Players will find a wide range of games being spread on Intertops Poker in the form of cash games, sit & go tournaments, as well as multi-table tournaments. As a site with lower traffic, the tournament prize pools won’t be as large and you may not always be able to find a game running that you wish to play.
When it comes to the Intertops Poker software there isn’t really much to say about it other than it works. The software is old and outdated and in desperate need of an upgrade. The lobby is a bit of a mess with it being clunky and has too much promotional material for me. The actual tables are not necessarily bad but there isn’t much to say about them other than you can play poker on them and they work.
There isn’t much to say about the Intertops software other than it works. It’s old, outdated, and needs to be redesigned but again, it works. They do have an Instant Play App which enables you to play in a web browser without having to download anything and support all devices so you can play anywhere you have an internet connection.
One thing that Intertops Poker does having going for it, is it’s “Instant Play” web app. This allows players to play on Intertops Poker without having to download any additional software. The main reason this is nice is that it enables you to pretty much play on any device you choose as long as you have an internet connection and web browser.
The player traffic on Intertops Poker is lacking to say the least, it probably has some of the lowest traffic for a US poker site. Though for some players, this may not be a bad thing. With lower traffic you will lose out on large tournament guarantees as well as running into the possibility of not always being able to find a game of your liking. On the other hand there may be some positives to lower traffic. The games may not be as tough because there are not as many regs in the game. You may also find that with smaller field tournaments you have a better ROI due to the lower variance of smaller fields. The lower traffic may also be beneficial to newer players because of the softer games.
Intertops poker offers cash games, sit & go tournaments, as well as multi-table tournaments. You can find Texas Holdem, Omaha, and Omaha Hi-Lo games being spread as no limit, pot limit and fixed limit.
Intertops Poker Games Spread & Limits
|Game Type||Minimum Stakes||Maximum Stakes|
|No-Limit Holdem||$0.02 / $0.04||$10 / $20|
|Fixed Limit Holdem||$0.02 / $0.04||$50 / $100|
|Pot Limit Omaha / Omaha 08||$0.02 / $0.04||$10 / $20|
|Limit Omaha / Omaha 08||$0.05 / $0.10||$30 / $60|
|Sit & Go Tournaments||$0.25||$200|
Real Money Banking Options
Intertops Poker offers players a variety of options to get money on and off the site. Below you will find information about each option and our recommendation on the best one to use.
Intertops Poker Deposit Options for US Players
- Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency – Intertops accepts Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin cryptocurrency deposits. Using cryptocurrency to fast, free, safe, secure, and the option we recommend for most players.
- Credit/Debit Cards – Players may also deposit using their Visa or MasterCard. There is a $1,000 limit per transactions and no fee’s. It’s important to note that the transaction may not always go through due to being blocked by your bank or card issuer. You are also required by Intertops to sign a credit card authorization form before any payout will be processed. Overall this method may work for some players but we do not recommend using it unless no other options.
- Money Transfer – The last way players may deposit onto the site is by using a money transfer service such as Western Union or MoneyGram. This is not recommended for numerous reasons including high fee’s, length of time to process deposit, deposit limits, and it’s inconvenient to use. If you have no other options this will work but we strongly recommend using cryptocurrency if possible.
|Deposit Method||Minimum Deposit||Maximum Deposit||Fees|
|Money Transfer||$100||$490||Yes – Varies on size of deposit|
Intertops Poker Withdraw Options for US Players
- Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency – The quickest and most efficient way to withdraw your winnings from Intertops Poker, is to use a cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin. Using this method is fast, free, safe, and secure. Players can withdraw between $100 and $2,500 per week, with most transactions being complete in under 48 hours.
- Bank Transfer – Some players may have the option to receive their cashout via a bank wire. There is a $150 minimum and $2,500 maximum withdraw allowed per week. You may request one bank wire for every 7 day period and they are subject to a $50 fee plus any addition fees your bank may place on incoming wires. You will need to carefully fill out the payout form, making sure to have all your banking information. This method is not terrible but we strongly recommend against it as it’s just not that smart to have a direct deposit into your bank account stemming from online gambling. You probably won’t run into any issues doing so but you could so why take the risk?
- Check In Mail – US players have the option to receive their withdraw in the form of a check in the mail. There is a minimum payout amount of $150 with a $3,000 maximum per check and you may request one check every 7 days. There is also a $50 fee for every check. The check will come from a Canadian bank and because of this you may run into issue trying to cash it. Overall we can’t recommend this option unless no other choice.
- Player to Player Transfer – Players may also use the player to player transfer method to cashout their winnings. To do so they would have to know another player that would want to buy their Intertops money and because it’s not the most popular site they may not be able to do so. If you can find someone to buy your funds, get them to send you the money first using a service such as Zelle, and then transfer money from your player account to theirs. This method is not bad if you can find someone you trust to do the transaction with.
|Withdraw Method||Minimum Withdraw||Maximum Withdraw||Frequency||Turn Around Time|
|Bitcoin||$100||$2,500||1 per day / 5 per week||Usually < 48hrs|
|Other Cryptocurrencies||$100||$2,500||1 per day / 5 per week||Usually < 48hrs|
|Check||$150||$3,000||1 per week||Up to 1 week|
|Player to Player||$20||$2,500||$5,000/day||Usually < 10 mins |
Intertops Poker offers one of the best sign-up bonuses for new players. They currently are offering a huge 200% match bonus on your first deposit up to $1,000 plus you get 25 free casino spins! You simply won’t find a better bonus than this on other US sites.
The bonus is released in $5 increments for every 83.335 frequent player points you generate by playing real money poker games. Players have a total of 3 months to claim their bonus.
Players accumulate 1 frequent player point for every $1 they pay in cash game rake or 7 frequent player points for every $1 they pay in tournament fees. For an average volume player this will make the bonus easy to clear.
There is a minimum deposit of $25 required to claim the bonus.
If you have previously had an Intertops Poker account you won’t be able to claim this welcome bonus but they still have a great reload bonus of 50% match up to $200.
All you need to do to claim your bonus is click here to create your Intertops Poker account, make your first qualifying deposit, and start playing to claim your bonus.
Rewards & Promotions
One of the best things about Intertops Poker is their rewards program. They offer an unbelievable 36% rakeback to players which is paid out on a daily basis. You simply won’t find a better rackback deal elsewhere.
They also have a frequent player point reward system which they call “Loyalty Levels”. There are 50 different levels and you receive different rewards as you climb the levels.
For the average player, rakeback will generate the most rewards.
Every week Intertops Poker has their $4,000 FPP race rake. The race runs every 7 days starting on the first of the month and to participate players simply need to play their poker game of choice. As they play they accumulate points, and should they get enough points they can win cash prizes.
It’s important to not that if you are on Rakeback you will only generate points at 50% of the normal rate. To learn more about the Intertops Poker FPP race click here.
If you are looking to play some online poker via your mobile device, Intertops has you covered. They are home to the Instant Play app which allows players to play online poker from any device as long as they have an internet connection.
The actual design and user experience could be a bit better but all things considered it’s quite nice, works, and is an excellent way for players to get in some hands on the go.
Safety & Security
Even though Intertops Poker is run on some older software they still do an excellent job with game integrity and keeping their site safe and secure. They use 128-bit certificate based encryption on all their software and cashier systems to protect the games and player information. This is the same type of encryption used by military and financial institutions around the world.
They feature a (patent pending) collusion detection software system that tracks play in real time and automatically analyzes the hands. Anytime the software detects anything that is out of the ordinary it notifies staff so they can do a more thorough examination of the hand. Any colluders that are caught will have their account terminated and be banned from Intertops Poker and any affiliated sites.
Intertops Poker also features Technical Systems Testing RNG Certification. TST Laboratories are an independent testing lab which analyzes online gaming system software and equipment.
The RNG itself is done by Microsoft CryptoAPI RNG which is so random that it would be impossible for any computer to predict the outcome.
Even though it’s on of the smaller poker sites, Intertops Poker has pretty good support. Support is available 24/7 and in the form of live chat, telephone or email. Live chat is usually the fastest way to get an issue resolved. While there can sometimes be a language barrier when trying to explain your issue, they do an excellent job of fixing whatever issue you may have and I have never heard of anything going unresolved.
Intertops Poker may not be for everyone as there are certainly some things that could be improved such as their software, tournament schedule, and player traffic. That being said, it’s a great choice for players looking to try out a new site or possibly find some softer games. They offer an industry leading rakeback of 36% as well as a 200% match welcome bonus so if you are looking for a new room to play on, give Intertops Poker a chance. Click here to signup today and claim your 200% match bonus!
Frequently Asked Questions about Intertops Poker
Is Intertops Poker Legit?
Intertops Poker has been in the industry since 1996 and ever since then has kept a solid, longstanding reputation as a site that has honest and fair games and always pays out on time. While not a perfect site, it’s as legit as they come when dealing with online poker sites.
How is Intertops Poker Legal?
Intertops Poker remains legal because there are currently no federal laws that prohibit online gambling. The state of Washington has a law that prohibits online gambling but as of 2020, no person has ever been prosecuted for online poker anywhere in The United States. The confusion about the legality of online poker stems from the UIGEA which makes it illegal for banks to process payments related to online gambling.
How can I deposit onto Intertops Poker?
Players have a few different options to deposit onto Intertops Poker but the quickest and most efficient way is to use a cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin. Using crypto is fast, safe, secure, and most importantly free. You may also choose to use your credit/debit card or a money transfer service such as Western Union but these methods should only be used if you are unable to use Cryptocurrency.
Can US players play on Intertops Poker?
American Poker players can absolutely play on Intertops Poker and have been doing so since 1996.
How to download Intertops Poker?
Downloading and getting started on Intertops Poker is easy. Simply click here and follow the instructions on how to download and setup your new account. You can be up and playing in no time at all!
Does Intertops Poker have a mobile app?
Intertops does not have a standalone mobile app but they do have the Instant Play web app which allows players to play on Intertops Poker from any device as long as they have an internet connection and web browser.
How to play Intertops Poker on iPad?
Playing on your iPad is simple, all you need is an account and internet connection. You will first need an account and if you don’t have one you can sign up for one here. Next visit Intertops Poker and find the “Instant Play” button on the main screen or simply click here to be taken to it. Once on the instant play screen, input your account detail, select “poker” and jump in your game of choice.
How to install Intertops Poker on a Mac?
If you are an online poker player looking to play on your Mac computer, Intertops can accommodate you. While they don’t have a standalone Mac client, they do offer the “Instant Play” web app which allows players to play inside their web browser. Users should opt to use the Chrome web browser as it will allow for a better user experience.
Can I use a HUD on Intertops Poker?
If you would like to use a HUD while playing on Intertops Poker, you may use Poker Tracker or Drive HUD.
What games are offered on Intertops Poker?
While not the most traffic for a US site, they do get decent traffic and have a wide range of games available.
Multi-table tournament buy-ins range from $0.30 to $110+
Sit & Go tournaments run from $0.25 to $200
No Limit Holdem and Pot Limit Omaha games are spread with the following blinds:
Omaha limit games are spread with the following blinds: